Accounting and Finance
- Faculty of Finance and Accounting
- 4 years
- Mode of study
- Evaluation in Accounting;
- Financial control;
- Bank Accounting;
- Accounting of the Budget Enterprises;
- Managerial Accounting;
- Financial Analysis;
- Public finances;
- Financial Accounting.
- Management of Company Cash Flows;
- Creditworthiness Analysis.
Expected knowledge and skills after acquiring qualification:
Students gain high quality training in two main groups of disciplines – accounting and finance. The main competences acquired are in the field of accounting, the elaboration of financial reports; the maintenance of financial control and analysis of the activities of the enterprise. Graduates are able to start working in the business or the public sector on different managerial positions.
Employment opportunities upon graduation:
Graduates with “Accounting and Finance” programme get the opportunity for broad professional realization in Bulgaria and abroad in trade, hotel and tourism management, construction business, transport, industrial business, agriculture, budget sphere, pension work, social activities, financial controlling system, public sector, financial institutions (banks, brokerage organizations, insurance companies and etc.), government. They can work as:
- accountants ( incl. compilers of financial reports with the right to sign them) in all branches and activities;
- heads of financial accounting departments;
- financial consultants and managers;
- experts and methodologists of accounting and auditing;
- commissioners of audit, tax and custom inspectors;
- specialists and consultants in Bulgarian and international accounting and control companies;
- managers and owners of companies;
- secondary school teachers or university lecturers in Economics.
Graduate students can apply for the qualification of “Certified Expert Accountant” or for PhD programme in higher education institutions after completing a master’s degree.