Quality and Expertise of Commodities
- Master degree center
- 1 year; 1.5 years
- Mode of study
- Commodities science of industrial goods;
- Standardization, Metrology and qualimetry;
- Commodities science of food commodities.
- Contemporary methods for analysis of commodities;
- Expertise of industrial commodities;
- Quality management systems;
- Trademarks and advertising of commodities;
- Certification of commodities and services;
- Expertise of food commodities;
- Commodities’ safety;
- Protecting consumer interests (elective);
- Contemporary forms of commercial business (elective).
Expected knowledge and skills after acquiring qualification:
The master graduates receive professional competences, incl.: fulfill managerial position in sales, logistics, marketing, testing and certification departments of companies; to carry out production, inspection and certification control; to build and audit systems of quality management; to conduct economic research, analysis and expert in the field of assortment policy, quality of goods, standardization and certification, protection of consumer interests and contractual policy.
The main key competencies that Masters acquire are: to identify and establishing falsification of goods; to implement various commodity expertises and control; construction, implementation and auditing of quality management systems; for planning and development of company’s advertising activities; development and legal protection of trademarks and geographical indications of goods; implementing systems and schemes for certification of goods and services; protection of consumer interests; exercise expert and evaluation activity in different areas in the lifecycle of goods.
Employment opportunities upon graduation:
Students who have completed educational - qualification degree "master" in "Quality and expertise of commodities' can eventuate as:
- Heads or experts in specialized companies for commodities control;
- Responsible staff for the quality of commodities;
- Consultants for the development and implementation for quality management and safety systems;
- Auditors and experts in the field of product certification and certification of management systems;
- Experts in commodity judicial, customs and tax expertise;
- Exchange and customs brokers;
- Managers in the departments of marketing and logistics of goods in the manufacturing and sales companies, in logistics and retail chains;
- Innovative managers and specialists in controlling;
- Brokers in commodity exchanges;
- Inspectors in tax and insurance institutions;
- Professionals in the field of protection of consumer interests and others.
Graduate students can continue their studies as PhD at universities or other research units in Bulgaria and abroad.