Rules and Regulations for Selection of Students for Participation in Double Degree Bachelor Programmes at University of Economics - Varna
1. The rules and regulations for selection of students for participation in double degree bachelor programmes according to the contracts between UE-Varna an foreign higher education institutions are based on the existing Statute of Regulations of UE-Varna, the Ordinance on the International Cooperation Activities at UE-Varna, the regulations for administration of the Erasmus+ and the CEEPUS programmes at UE-Varna and the stipulations of the bilateral agreement.
2. Students eligible for participation in double degree bachelor programmes according to the bilateral agreements between UE-Varna and foreign higher education institutions must meet the following criteria:
- at the start of their mobility they must have successfully completed four semesters of their degree training;
- must be fluent in the language of instruction at the receiving university (certificate for level B2 or higher according to the Common European Language Framework, language test or matriculation grade);
- students with a Grade Point Average up to the moment of application, including the last completed semester of the current year, of 4.50 (according to the grading system at UE-Varna) or higher.
3. The application procedure for students who wish to participate in double degree bachelor programmes is administered by the International Relations Office at UE-Varna.
4. Placement of students for participation in double degree bachelor programmes is based on a cumulative grade formed by:
- the student's Grade Point Average in his/her field of education at UE-Varna, including the last completed semester of the current year and
- the average grade from his/her:
- language test or
- language certificate (minimum level B2 according to the Common European Language Framework) or
- foreign language matriculation grade.
5. Selection of students for participation in double degree bachelor programmes is administered by the Erasmus+ Commission for academic mobility.
6. (1) During the selection procedure, up to two students can be included as reserves in the selection protocol. The selection protocol signed by the Commission members is forwarded to the International Relations Office at UE-Varna.
(2) The International Relations Office distributes the forms to the selected students and requests their return to the office once they are filled out and stamped by 30 May of the current year for mobility to be realized during the next academic year.
(3) The students send their completed and endorsed forms to the receiving higher education institution for approval and admission in the selected programme and a signature by the relevant faculty members and university coordinators.
(4) The sending and receiving higher education institutions each receive a copy of the student's file (scanned or paper).
7. Students organize their travel to and back from the country they have been selected to study in and proceed their visa application, if a visa is necessary.
8. Students do not pay tuition fees at the receiving institution.
9. For all matters not addressed in the current document, please refer to the stipulations of the bilateral agreements.